08 September 2011

Aches and Nausea

Two of my side effects from my condition is nausea and aches.  In simple terms, I feel like I going to throw up most of the time, and sometimes I do throw up for no other reason than it happens.  My legs and joints ache a lot.  This happened the last time I had this condition so it was expected, but it is no fun when it happens.

For the nausea, I have a prescription for Maxolon (generic name Metoclopramide).  That is helping for the most part.  It is actually manageable.

For the aches, that is not so manageable.  My left leg is constantly aching, and my left hip aches occasionally.  I am taking Panadol and Panadeine (for Americans, think Tylenol and Tylenol 3) for the pain.  Neither one helps that much.  With the Panadeine, it helps me sleep and takes the edge off.  When I am asleep, the pain doesn't bother me, so it is some help.  Panadol isn't doing anything.  Nothing.  

I called my GP to get an appointment to see what he can offer me.  I can't get a guaranteed appointment until Monday, but I am hoping to get in to see him on Friday. (I call at 8.30 and hope I can get an emergency appointment for that day.)  Warmth seems to help.  I am going to be getting a heating pad to see if that makes any difference.  At the moment, I wear warm pants and constantly have a blanket on my knee.  

I saw on some MF website that compression stockings can help.  I will talk to my GP about that tomorrow.

So my activities are quite curtailed because standing for any length of time hurts my leg.  I am hoping a solution is found soon.  

No comments: