14 September 2011

Pain, Pain and More Pain

I have been taking my GP's recommendations, but I am not sure how effective they have been.  The heating pad has been the best.  The ibuprofen has had some effect, but I have been taking Panadeine at the same time. The codeine has been making me loopy; not sure how much pain relief it is offering, but I don't seem to care.

The support bandage got annoying and itchy after a while.  I wore it for days, even when sleeping.  Yesterday, I gave my leg a rest from it.  Today my leg aches more, so I will have to endure it for a while longer.

Girl Child (and to a lesser extent Boy Child) has been sick, and I have been unable to drive anyway.  Both kids have stayed home for the past three days.  I have a psychologist appointment tomorrow, so kids will be at school tomorrow, provided they feel better.  I don't know how yet, but I will get it done.

Treatments are also something that I haven't been able to get to.  I can't drive, and Brendan has been going into the city for his lawyering activities.  I can take public transport, but I have not been sure how I was going to handle standing/sitting around waiting for trains and buses.  Some stops have benches, but not all.  I could be in a lot of pain by the end of it, and I have been too afraid to find out.  Friday is my deadline.  I have to get to my treatment by then.  If I am in lots of pain then, I will have all weekend to recover.

I have been thinking of doing short summaries of what PPD and MF (both of my conditions) are, treatment options, prognosis, maybe even pics and other assorted stuff that comes to me OR anything you would like to know.  If you are interested, please let me know by commenting or letting me know on FB.

Speaking of FB, there has been so many people sending their love, their well wishes and their prayers to me.  Thank you so much for all the love and support!!  I love each and every one of you.  Knowing you are there for me is helping me a lot.

No comments: