03 September 2011

GP answers some questions

Based on reports and a letter from the dermatologist and oncologist, my GP said that I have cancer. Well, what he said is that I am being treated as if I have cancer, but it is really hard to tell when it is actually cancer and not still just PPD.

He also told me not to use the word "cancer" because of the emotional impact of the word. There is some truth there because I had to be told, "Yes, you have cancer" and being very disappointed and scared knowing that. In my head, I call it "MF" because that amuses me. GP suggested calling it a "skin lymphoma," but as Husband pointed out, "lymphoma" means cancer and most people know that. Call it whatever you want. It probably ain't gonna kill me, but it is still cancer. From what I have read, I have a 90% chance that it will only stay in my skin and not spread to my organs. So long as that happens, I will live to an old age to die of something else. Yay!

I am a firm believer in banishing with laughter. Banish evil; banish fear; banish sadness. All can be banished with a good laugh. The husband and I were talking about how I wanted to go to bed at 7pm. To me, it was pathetic and wanted Husband's validation that it was. He gently mocked me and I said, "But I have cancer." We both began to laugh. I proved I was being pathetic and cancer is a punchline. It can be laughed away. I am convinced of it.

No comments: